The Adler company built it's first vehicle in the 1870s, a tricycle, and were also well known for typewriters which they made from 1895.
After World War II production resumed in 1949 with a 98cc two stroke motorcycle, followed by improved 123cc, 147cc, 195cc and 247cc designs. The 247cc bike had a modern twin cylinder two-stroke powerplant that had some influence on early Japanese motorcycle engine design most notably the Yamaha TZ. The business was taken over by Grundig in 1957, and motorcycle production ceased.