Capriolo, later called Aeromere, was the name of the motorcycle production arm of the Italian aircraft company Aeromere or Aero-Caproni. After World War II, Aero-Caproni would change its name to Capriolo and become one of several, including Aermacchi and MV Agusta that switched to producing motorcycles or scooters. By 1951 they were producing sophisticated and elegant little four speed 75cc four strokes with pressed steel chassis, later enlarged to 100cc and 125cc. Their more interesting machines included a horizontally opposed 149cc twin of 1955, and competition machines with 75cc engines using the Küchen desmodromic system of the 1920s. Capriolo was typical of those that could not survive the transformation to a more export-oriented industry, with the US as the most important market. Motorcycle production ran from 1947 until 1964.