Made in Bergamo, Italy between 1953 and 1957, the two stroke machines included 48cc and 158cc engines. Officine Costruzioni Martinelli di Bergamobegan as a manufacturer of gears for Italian automakers such as Ansaldo and Fiat prior to World War II. The company began producing motorcycles in 1953 under the name Moto Devil. Engineer William Soncini distinguished himself with a series of two-stroke motorcycles that earned a number of racing victories in 1955 and 1956. In addition to the successful 160cc two-stroke platform, Devil also built a four-stroke 20bhp 175 overhead valve single-cylinder race bike that topped 100 mph; very fast for the time.