Based in Milan, Taurus began in 1933 taking over the former MG company. In 1938 they produced a 500cc DOHC single for racing use. With more development it may have been a contender but lack of funds and the outbreak of WW2 sealed its fate. Production restarted after the war and in the ‘50s they came out with a OHV 250 single and two stoke 160cc engine. They continued to make bikes until 1966 when demand for the bikes and components to build them dropped too low and they were forced to close.